Forum OpenACS Development: Re: How to execute a tcl script with args?? URGENT PLEASE!!

Thank you for the information, that helps. I did misunderstand your question. As Andy said, tcsh != tclsh. To run a TCL script, you usually want to use tclsh. (If I'm not mistaken, this document does refer to running scripts from tcsh, but I don't know that that is necessary.)

If you installed ActiveTcl in its default location, you should have the file C:\Tcl\bin\tclsh84.exe. Try installing the TCL packages from tlatoa.zip in C:\Tcl\lib\tlatoa. This makes them available to the scripts that require those packages.

It sounds like you can put the files from scripts.zip anywhere. Perhaps you put them in C:\source\tlatoa\. Then, from a Windows cmd.exe prompt, run something like: C:\Tcl\bin\tclsh.exe C:\source\tlatoa\make_recognizer.tcl -name alfa1 -corpus alfa1 -sampling_rate 8000
You may not even have to specify the path to tclsh.exe, depending on how your Windows file extension associations are configured, but for now, be explicit.

This should run and give you some output. (I get an error when I run it, but I assume that's because I didn't bother downloading the vocab and parts files.) Note that I don't see on their website what platforms they test this software on, it is possible it won't work properly on Windows, though TCL is mostly platform-independent.

By the way, if you aren't using AOLserver or OpenACS, a better place to ask TCL questions is the comp.lang.tcl newsgroup. You will probably get faster answers to general TCL questions there.