beer and talk that evening.
<p>Plans are a bit tentative at the moment but we've got a meeting
place in mind, the <a
href="http://www.beernotes.com/northwest/articles/000403.html">Elysian
Brewpub</a>.
<p>The link is to an article about them - their own website is so
horrible that I couldn't bear to post a link here.  The article
includes the address.
<p>7 PM is the likely time we'll get together.
<p>I'll post to news as soon as we make a 100% confirmation of the
time but thought I'd get an early note out.  If you're in the Seattle
area consider dropping by!
With this social being only two days before the final release candidate, shouldn't we worry about beer-related debugging catastrophes?

On a related note, in the near future I will try to host an OACS social in Austin. Perhaps the 15th, ie, launch day, would be a good time? The only solid assurance I can offer is that I have learned from the last mosquito-related disaster; this will be either indoors or we will have flamethrowers handy.

So far I have a headcount of only about 8. How many TX-based OpenACSers have I missed?

Good point ... actually I didn't notice how close the 15th is to the 13th.  It means I probably won't release on the 15th, seeing as I'll probably be on the train back home for 3.5 hours of the day.

Oh well ... :)

It's funny, I seem to always be on the wrong coast during these get togethers.  I'll miss this one by a couple weeks.

I'll be hitting the road in a U-Haul on the 20th, and driving I-90 end to end.  This will be my permanent return to Seattle.  Of course I'll still *visit* Boston...  Mike Serio said he'll be giving a recital some time, and I wouldn't want to miss that!

Anyhow, put one back for me and I'll catch you guys next time.