Forum OpenACS Development: Ecommerce

Collapse
Posted by Jon Griffin on
After looking at many products, I have decided to stick with OACS for my ecommerce site. I will slowly be modifying the code base to update it to modern OACS coding standards.

Has anyone start the templatization of this package? No use to reinvent the wheel. Also, I may have a little money for someone to do some dev work on ecommerce.

I am not progamming at all for a living anymore, but will gladly put my changes back into the community. Any input would be appreciated.

Collapse
2: Re: Ecommerce (response to 1)
Posted by Hamilton Chua on
Hello Jon,

You might want to take a look at dotlrn-ecommerce on OpenACS CVS HEAD.

We've been able to successfully extend the Ecommerce module along with dotlrn-catalog to produce a class registration system.

This is currently deployed on two projects at Solutiongrove.
http://www.solutiongrove.com

At present, however, I think we need to refactor the work we've done on dotlrn-ecommerce as we had to duplicate some of the code from the Ecommerce module.

Some of these duplicate code are actually pages lifted from Ecommerce itself but enhanced and "templatized". So some of these might be better off integrated for real to the ecommerce package.

Best,

Hamilton

Collapse
3: Re: Ecommerce (response to 1)
Posted by Torben Brosten on
FWIW, there is a set of integrated accounting/ecommerce/product-development packages in early development. They are intended to provide a variety of use configurations with minimum customization.

http://bitscafe.com/pub2/etp/development/packages-map

Order of priority: accounting, ecommerce, dotWRK vertical apps.

cheers,

Collapse
4: Re: Ecommerce (response to 1)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Hi Torben, once you get around the HR management, look at contacts, we use it for HR information handling (group employees and further subgroups) and it works well that way. THis is unless you need specific HR applications, they should be handled in a seperate package.
Collapse
5: Re: Ecommerce (response to 1)
Posted by Torben Brosten on
Yeah, contacts package is such a significant part of this integrated packages base, it is included it in the list above.

Thanks Malte.