Forum OpenACS Q&A: Final Acceptance Testing OACS RC-1

The posting is on the testing forum at

this spot

Cheers

Simon

Collapse
Posted by Paul Doerwald on
Where do I go to report bugs and fixes to OACS4?  It appears to me that the Bugs page isn't maintained (because there are some *old* bugs kickingn around).  The patches page may be watched, but even so, there are still some old issues that don't appear to have been cleared away.

Should I email fixes to someone?  Post them in the bboard?

In fact, just now I have a fix for a bug in ad_page_contract_filter -type post time24, and it's obscure enough that it may not be found for some time, and I've spent several hours diagnosing and correcting this bug.  I'd love to be able to contribute this code back, but I just really don't know where to do it where someone will actually pay attention to it...

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Paul,

I feel the BBoard is the last place to post this. Maybe we need to activate tickettracker, with a predefined list of people in charge to direct fixes to (categorized by module maybe?)

Collapse
Posted by defunct defunct on
I would very much welcome (and try to encourage) people who are doing some testing/bug reporting to go to the acceptance test server (http://213.107.207.131:8000, and record both the details of the test, and the result foound. This helps us to build a communcal set of acceptance tests.

If you find bugs they should be reported in the SDM, and my experience has been that they do get addressed fairly thoroughly.

If you have a fix then submit a patch there also.

Cheers
Simon