Forum .LRN Q&A: New .LRN Website
I just helped Al move a new version of the .LRN website to dotlrn.org and it looks great! http://dotlrn.org
Please take a look and post any bugs you find here so we can fix them.
This siite is a HUGE improvement (especially in the design department) and we have Dorian to thank for that. It is beautiful Dorian... thank you.
I would also like to thank Al, Vivian, Rocael, and Rafael for their hard work in helping get the new version up.
Looking forward to your feedback.
Some bugs I found:
- Under "Home"
- The grey/black news block on the left overlaps with the "Latest News" text
- The background of the logo should be transparent
- "community forums" on the top right is not a link
- The news links on the Startpage "Semantic Internet Innovation presents OKI integration at EXPO e-Learning 2005" and "e-Portfolio (dotFolio) system now available" goe to no news item
- All news links don't jump to the corresponding news item
- Under "About"-->"Contact Us" the font sizes differ and the emails are superscript
- Under "Product"-->"Feature"
- Link to "Summary" is missing
- Clicking on "View Details" jumps to the old dotlrn site
- The "View Demo" links jump to Vario.net, why is that?
- Under Users (Worldmap)
- Link at Galileo University, Heidelberg, Birzeit is broken
- Havard, UCLA, Bergen, Mannheim, Spain link goes to old dotlrn site
- MIT, Sloan School of Management does nothing
- Under "Download"
- .LRN 2.1.3 link goes to openacs.org
- The Knoppix Link goes to e-lane
- The Debian to gallileo
- There is no windows installer
Good luck everyone in Orlando!
Thanks for reviewing the site so quickly for bugs!
* Under "Download"
o .LRN 2.1.3 link goes to openacs.org
o The Knoppix Link goes to e-lane
o The Debian to gallileo
o There is no windows installer
The .LRN 2.1.3 link goes to openacs.org because the .LRN download page is maintained in the openacs.org site. The Knoppix link goes to e-Lane because that's where it is maintained. Same regarding Debian.
Is that confusing? Should there be more uniformity?
There is no windows installer because it's not clear to me whether it works and who is committed to maintaining it. If that situation changes, we will be happy to put add a link.
I found one typo on http://dotlrn.org/download/ in the quote from Rafael Calvo the word about (aobut) is spelled incorrectly.
Dorian and Rafa. Please weake me up and tell me that this is not a dream =) , Great to see the new Design on dotlrn.org ... There is a lot of things to do , like put User Manuals together, Technical documentation. People will look for those things. I think Galileo has a very decent User Manuals (English and Spanish) we just have to link to them..
Any way , congratulations to all.
Newsitems at home page do not refer to the respective items, but ending nowhere....
Join us at Educause 2005!
New .LRN Feature List and Animations
LAMS Community launches using .LRN
Boston Museum of Science launched using .LRN
e-Portfolio (dotFolio) system now available
Just two comments:
1. Guatemala is not in north america ;o) and central america is not listed in the users page (http://www.dotlrn.org/users/)
2. Can I use the very nice icons (http://www.dotlrn.org/product/) for representing the other dotLRN packages in the IMS-LD package? and if I can, where can I find them?
I was planning to ask if we could add the set of icons in acs-subsite resources. That would allow all applications to share them and have a standard look and feel.
Does people agree?