Forum OpenACS Q&A: Anyone done a simple workshop booking system?

Hi,

I'm just about to start creating a small workshop booking system for a friend to run on a subsite of my openacs system.

I'm not wanting anything too complex and wondered if anyone else has done something similar and if I might use such code as a starting point.

What I'm thinking of at present is a system with tables for;
Party (people booking)
Workshop details
workshop participants (party_id, workshop_id and related data)

thanks
Matthew

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Mathew,

Have you looked at the events management package? You may have to change some descriptions, but it's a good start.

Cheers
Ben

Collapse
Posted by Caroline Meeks on
You might also take a look at the registration system Solution Grove just completed for Museum of Science in Boston courses.mos.org and for an education department within Massachusetts General Hospital. The package handles both registration and creating a collaborative space for the class/event.

Screenshots and features are described here:
http://www.solutiongrove.com/products/registration

The code is in OpenACS CVS, called dotlrn-eccomerece as it ties together dotlrn and eccomerce.

Collapse
Posted by Matthew Dodwell on
Hi,

thanks for this.

For now, I'm going with events management as it's a bit simpler (needs a change for European addresses though 😊 ) and moving forward with that as a learning exercise for the system. I will set up the dotlrn-eccomerce package later, but as at present this is an administrator system I don't need full ecommerce functionality.

Cheers
Matthew

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
We have enhanced the user experience for events for one of our clients and would commit the code once gone through testing. If you are interested I could provide a tarball.
Collapse
Posted by Matthew Dodwell on
Hi Malte,

Yes please! 😊 - I've dropped you an email with my address.

Thanks
Matthew