Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Re: Apache now has nsv like support, tcl

Collapse
Posted by Andrew Piskorski on
Ryan, just what "features" are you talking about? I don't think you understand me. My whole point was that I see no useful info about what features Apache does or does not have in the IRC log above. If you learned something about Apache features by chatting with those folks, I think we'd all appreciate a clear summary of what you learned, in your own words.

Those random statements on IRC like, "there are apache modules for content caching" and "not sure about threading behaviour with php" are not useful information, because: One, the statements themselves sound fairly clueless, they make me suspect the speaker may not actually know much. Two, AFAICT those statements certainly have nothing at all to do with NSV-like support. (Hint: "NSV" stands for "NaviServer Shared Variables", not "Content Caching".) Three, exacerbating both of the previous points, I've never heard of the speakers, don't even know their real names, and have no external reason to assume that they have any real idea of what they're talking about in the first place.