Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Bboard for OpenACS non-techies?

Collapse
Posted by xx xx on
Torben, I am a code-User, trying to get 'the program' to work.

The OpenACS code-Makers did such a good job that even people like me can work with it. I need a forum with Users just like me, that use existing code to get things done efficiently. But where do I find what code..? How do I decide what groups to make and how to assign permissions to what object..? For personal use, some code addition is also likely.

I wouldn't put all 'Beginners'in one forum. Eventually, I don't know what information we would find there, since we have beginners in designing, admin, programming, marketing etc.

In my proposal designers and admins (code Users) would have different forums, since they have different user functions and needs as Reuven stated. Both forums would create User specific documentation. Many beginners will start as Users. Therefore, I think we will find more beginners in the code-Users forums than in the code-Maker forums.

A marketing forum would be something different. OpenACS is all about code development, isn't it? What do you have in mind with marketing? Isn't code-comparing what you are after (information on how openACS compares to other code in the market)?
Remember this is just my brainstorm. I am not to decide.