Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Bboard for OpenACS non-techies?

Collapse
Posted by Talli Somekh on
Albert, one of the reasons that the OpenACS is easier to use is becuase Code-Makers are also Code-Users. If these are two separate distinctions and the two are not *forced* to speak with one another, the result is what the OpenACS inherited - a reasonably strong foundation but a real terror to use.

Personally, I subscribe to all the bboards even though I don't understand the highly technical posts. The reason is that its important to pay attention to all of the discussions to at least be peripherally aware of the important projects.

If we had various bboards, we might end up saying a lot of "this is the wrong place for that question, try it over there." The problem is that even the most hardcore of developers could learn something important about improving the system from the most softcore of artists.

That's why I would propose a single bboard with categories. That can be messy, so I'm open to separating them. But I think even Reuven's graphic artists could post to the most technical of bboards and get a good answer.

talli