Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Bboard for OpenACS non-techies?

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
On a more general note I would like to share my ( personal) working method. Newbies don't think in technological achievements. I have great respect for all you wizzkids that understand how to hack together a toolkit like this, but I have a feeling some issues beeing discussed on this threat are made more complicated than nescessary because of different viewpoints. Even if the current modules do not offer what I need in the end, a little creativity helps me to make OpenACS do what I need, however I achieve my goal by using the toolkit diferently than the builders originaly thought it should be used. Maybe it's a quick and dirty approach, but if it
works, why not give it a try. What I have been doing is to make the best use of what's avialable in way I understand what I am doing, hopefully ending up with a short shopping list of ultimate improvements.

I am sure if we would combine the experiences of other newbies and exhange ideas on each others challenges we will end up with the best toolkit around.