Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: OpenACS Conference on May 27/28th 2006 in Barcelona?

Collapse
Posted by Simon at TCB on
Perhaps given some of the comments in this discussion

https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=339547

rather than run a boot camp/training session you might consider splitting into a two part event.

From our perspective we wouldn't really be interested in training as we've been using OpenACS for some years and I guess that will be true of quite a few people, however we would be very interested in meeting up with other companies, organisations and possibly even customers/users of OpenACS.

Perhaps the first day could be commercially rather than technically oriented. With the second day given over to entirely technical/bootcamp material.

Some things I'd like to see on an agenda might be discussions or presentations on:

• Commercial approaches to OpenACS
  • Market position and exposure. how to increase and improve
  • Customer experiences of living with OpenACS, good and bad.
  • OpenAcs in an enterprise architecture. What could it do, where could it compete.
  • Case studies. Unusual uses. etc.
  • Making OpenAcs enterprise-friendly
  • Leveraging other technologies; integration ideas.
  • Are we hitting the 'buzz buttons', SOA, IOC, Agile, Distributed etc etc...

Or anything more intersting that anyone can suggest.

Barcelona is great place to go at that time of year (well at any time really) and I'm sure there might be some interest.

Also, when we ran a bootcamp in Bath some years ago we felt that in hindsight two days of technical was a bit much given the wide ranging audience and also for me the most interesting bits wer Eve's anecdotes about experiences with customers and projects.

I guess it would only be worth doing if there were sufficient numbers however. I guess maybe more than for a training course?

What do you think?