Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Bboard for OpenACS non-techies?

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Hi Ken,

You are right. I just spend the last 5 hours filling my FAQ module with issues based on recurring questions on the BBoards, categorized per subject. I assume it will take me another 2 days to have categorized all serious questions. That will give me a reasonable insight in where problems are encountred,a nd how hackers have managed so solve them. I am nontechie, but after using OpenACS for 14 months, have a pretty good idea what people are asking. Many of the problems have been my nightmare too.

From what I can tell now, manny problems have allready been solved in new releases, ie. the current bboards could do with a cleanup. I gusee all it takes is activate the archive fucntion in admin section, because that will allow to set a time for display of active subjects based on date. (so old topics are still available).

Once the onetime cleanup is done, maintaining the bboard and follow up on important issues is not realy that difficult to monitor. atleast using the datefuction in admin will be a great help.

Effectively all it takes is one volonteer to keep track of issues. I guess that's the basic problem we are running into with the current bboard.