Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Bboard for OpenACS non-techies?

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Okay, now we have discussed the basics, and a FAQ of common starter issues is being created how do we continue...

1. Open a new bboard, including categorisation on openacs.org with multiple administrators to help maintain the site?

2. Install a fully functional demo site. (other than my playground, so without the current errors)?

3. Start with feedback from the folks at Greenpeace (or others'that care to share their experiences) that worked as newbies with templatting?

4. What other issues need to be discussed?

5. Get in touch with newbie designers and try to answer their quuestions. I assume this is one of the most pressing issues. Like Reuven, I have the same problems, and nobody to turn to. Especially in my efforts to create a large userbase for my sollutions I realy need a simple way to give my ACS pages a professional, pleasing look and feel, so the system sells itselve.

After all I have seen I can't immagine this is rocket science, and there must be a simple way to tell design professionals what to do, as that's I feel is what's lacking right now. Any thoughts for a 10 points cheat sheet that explanes the basics, and could be used to get into presentation/design issues more deeply?

Cheers