Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to How long can the OpenACS community get away with being an island?

Glad to see this has been raised again.. I seem to remember banging on about marketing a while ago..

Count us (OpenMSG) in.... we've got a talented marketing resource (i.e me) and I'll be happy to contribute to any kind of strategy.

However folks, its worth remembering that there's no substitute for the personal touch. Each of the companies here has client lists, contacts and industry-friends.  A good PR step is to get touch with them, let them know about OpenACS and highlight some its 'commercial' benefits..

I personally think we need a common set of good marketing collateral. There really is no substitute for nice touchy-feely glossies... sounds simple, but sooo effective.

And then, how about a demo are.. we need great exemplars of what the ACS can do, available to play with, for any interested party.

We also need to get a bit more savvy with the buzz-word culture.. Whether you like it or not TCL don't sell systems, things like XML do... its all a game, but we have to play it.

So who's taking charge of this? Let me know, and then give me something to do. I have the time right now so use me 😉

Cheers
Simon