Forum OpenACS Q&A: You asked for it

Collapse
12: You asked for it (response to 1)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Hi Simon,
<p>
let me take you by your word. Things I imagine which would be useful for us at the moment:
<ul>
<li>Look around for conferences where the OpenACS crew might be a present as a big fish in a small pond.
<li>Gather the marketing material you can from old ArsDigita (e.g. ASJ and whitepapers) and other companies and put it online somewhere so we have a repository to work from.
<li>Gather ideas for Use cases covering fictious or real websites and how they put OpenACS into good use.
<li>Look at the marketing TCL and AOLserver is doing. After all, we are still depending on them, so we might make some use of their buzzwords.
<li>Write of a buzzword compliant two pager about OpenACS (enterprise class toolkit with pre integrated modules covering a vast majority of collaborative web service scenarios using cutting edge technology where it is need (SOAP, XML) and rely on trusted, widly used and easy to pick up things (TCL)). You get the picture. If you want, I'm more than willing to cooperate there (after all, it was my job at AD for half a year 😊).
</ul>