Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to How long can the OpenACS community get away with being an island?

I haven't made up my mind on two seperate sites, but I truely believe that we need to go ahead with business oriented, professional marketing... A .com site might be valueable for that! Jabber.com and jabber.org could be an example, although jabber.com obviously doesn't really tell their visitors much about .org, which has to change with openacs.org and openacs.com...

Some time ago we have also been talking about a new name. Maybe we can have a new name with the old Alex logo! We've had *MANY* suggestions, so we don't really need to start all over... I mean dotLRN isn't called openacs-learning either!!!

I also disagree with Ben that marketing should be to the consultant... It looks way more professional and has way more synergy effects to have an organizational marketing strategy and material. Maybe these materials can be modular so that every consultant can put them together for his specific needs (education, knowledge mangement etc.)

It's funny to see that the European guys are so keen on marketing. I thought it was an american stronghold 😊 ... and I will be on the business marketing / .com team!