Forum .LRN Q&A: Default calendar widget per week?

This might seem like a dumb question ... but is it possible to make the default calendar widget on any class or community portal to be a weekly view instead of the default daily view?

If this is possible, could someone point me to where I should edit the parameter or code?

Thank you in advance.

Collapse
Posted by Arjun Sanyal on
Right now the calendar portlet is set in the db to the day view. There's no API at the moment to alter this, but as a quick hack you could hard code it to another view by commenting out the:

set view $config(default_view)

line in /calendar-portlet/www/calendar-portlet.tcl to

set view week

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Hi Bruno,

Not an answer, but it might be an idea to add this selection to the calendar admin panel as default choice.

Collapse
Posted by Caroline Meeks on
Sorry, the week view has not been added as a portlet yet.  If you look in packages/calendar-portlet/www you'll see 4 pairs of files.

calendar-portlet - creates the day view
calendar-full-portlet - Big calendar
calendar-list-portlet - Class Schedule
calendar-admin-portlet - Creates the control panel section on calendar

It should be pretty easy to create a week view portlet by following the model used in the day view.

Once you have created a new portlet change default portal configuration goto /dotlrn/admin and click on portal templates.

Collapse
Posted by Bruno Mattarollo on
Thank you all for the answers ... I will look into creating a week-view calendar portlet then :)