Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: RFC: things to improve themes package (theme-selva)

Collapse
Posted by Victor Guerra on
In Galileo we have some functionality for changing the visualization for users and communities with just one click.

I just commited this functionality for .lrn in the CVS Repository ( branch oacs-5-2 ). Feel free to test a fresh install or update your dotlrn 2.1.3 install.

Basically i introduced the concept of dotlrn site template. A dotlrn site template defines wich master template and portal theme to use for a given user or community.

The default installation includes the Default .LRN Theme and the Kelp one ( There have to be
some modifications in the install process for selva theme
to be included automatically as a site template, but
you can add it by hand if you want to).

Basically you will find a new link in .LRN Administration regarding the Site Templates. What you will find there?

- Adding / Editing Site Templates
- Parameters administration:
- Can users change their own site template?
- Can communities administrators change the site template for communities?
- Default site template used for users not allowed to change their site template ( This site template is used for new dotlrn users as well ).
- Default site template used for communities when the administrators are not allowed to change their site template (This site template is used for new communities as well).
- Which master needs to be used for not registered users.

Feel free to test this new feature and if you find a bug or something report it back :).

Notes: This functionality works for .lrn only.

Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Hi Victor,

I'm testing site templates with .lrn 2.2 and having some problems. My installation is from the repository (acs-core 5.2.2 final and .lrn from oacs-5-2 branch), aolserver4, postgresql 7.4.7 on Debian sarge.

I can change the default site-template in dotlrn admin with no problems (it's applied after server restart) but when I allow communities/courses to change their own, the server stop responding when I go to a course/club portal. I've tried to restart my server after allowing communities to change their template but it doesn't solve the problem. I don't see anything in the error log neither.

Collapse
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
Victor,

please comment on this addition to .LRN.

Your addition associated with the comment:

"Adding functionality to .LRN for changing *site templates*"

does not work on the oacs-5-2 branch.

http://xarg.net/tools/cvs/change-sets?days=all&user=victorg&show%5ffiles=1&module=dotlrn

We discussed your addition in the .LRN meeting today and unless you fix it so it works with oacs-5-2 for oracle and postgres (or someone else fixes it before next Tuesday's meeting) we are going to comment these changes out in the UI of what will become .LRN 2.2