Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Speaking of package breakage...

Collapse
Posted by Torben Brosten on
Joe, developer-support provides 'a "live" OACS environment in the shell for debugging purposes.' See https://openacs.org/doc/current/acs-developer-support/

What are you clicking on to get that error, or when is it happening?

Collapse
Posted by Joe Cooper on
It happens immediately when browsing to the tracker. It's the first thing I see when I hit either of my bug-tracker instances.
Collapse
Posted by Joe Cooper on
Hey Torben,

I've installed developer-support. Very cool! I'm still stumped, but it's cool, nonetheless.

What has me stumped is I'm trying use the shell to just run a database query as it appears in the bug-tracker call to template::list::create (which is where things appear to go south), but I get an upvar error when I do, and I guess this is because the state is clean when I start the shell and we're already up as far as there is to go. So, how do I pull in the relevant modules to get state that I can use? i.e. is it possible to simulate an application interaction and then query variables or function results directly?

Specifically, here's what I get:

Input tcl script:
bug_tracker::bug::get_query -query_name bugs_pagination

Result:
ERROR:
can't upvar from variable to itself
while executing
"upvar #[template::adp_level] orderby orderby "
(procedure "bug_tracker::bug::get_query" line 4)
invoked from within
"bug_tracker::bug::get_query -query_name bugs_pagination"
("uplevel" body line 1)
invoked from within
"uplevel 1 $script"

Anyway, I'm back to being stumped after following up on David's bug-tracker response. I've reverted to the old, insecure, acs-templating on my production site, until I can get this figured out.