Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: xowiki issue

Collapse
4: Re: xowiki issue (response to 3)
Posted by Michael Martí Menzel on
Dear Gustaf,

thanks for your reply. My doubt was rather about the representation of the link for the missing file. Instead of having the complete file name embedded in - tags I just get the two square brackets in . It's not that easy to click on a single square bracket.
Being a long time user of MediaWiki, I expected the complete filename to be represented as a link (without the single square brackets), even better with a red font, in order to point out that the link can't be resolved until you create the corresponding object.
I'm following the official xowiki docs, and I was puzzled by this, because the description of links for pages and files seems to be different from what I'm actually getting.

Collapse
5: Re: xowiki issue (response to 4)
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
Good point. If i remember correctly, i have modeled originally the behavior of links to missing content based on media wiki as well (mayn years ago, was obviously changed). But of course, you are right, clicking on square brackets is not especially the best solution. I will follow your suggestion and improve the rendering on the next occasion.
Collapse
6: Re: xowiki issue (response to 5)
The following change should provide the wanted rendering
http://fisheye.openacs.org/changelog/OpenACS/?cs=MAIN%3Agustafn%3A20110126130520
Collapse
7: Re: xowiki issue (response to 6)
Thanks so much, Gustaf. That's great! (and sorry again for my confusing last message - I forgot to switch to plain text again).

While we are at it, I have another small issue. I'm using Postgresql v. 8.4. I think it is not the recommended version for OpenACS 5.6, but it works fine for me.

I just had to make a change related to database issues in xowiki so far.

In www/admin/list.tcl I had to change this database query, because apparently PG v. 8.4 doesn't like queries without fully qualified column names when more than one table is involved (my guess):

Original:

select object_id from syndication s, cr_items ci
  where object_id = ci.live_revision and parent_id = :folder_id

Patched:

select s.object_id from syndication s, cr_items ci
  where s.object_id = ci.live_revision and parent_id = :folder_id

Best,

Michael

Collapse
8: Re: xowiki issue (response to 7)
PostgreSQL does not have a problem with this as long as the attributes are uniquely defined. We have xowiki with this query running on many versions of PostgreSQL without any problems; on my local machine, i have currently pg 9.0.1. Can it be that that you are using ]po[ and that ]po[ uses a modified datamodel? Just guessing.

Anyhow, if it helps you, i'll modify the query, being more specific never hurts.

Collapse
9: Re: xowiki issue (response to 8)
You guessed it right. I'm using ]PO[, and I had not suspected that it might be the reason...
Thanks again for your help.