Forum OpenACS Q&A: Installing Postgresql

Collapse
Posted by Iuri Sampaio on
I believe this is a irelevant question. I'm installing the system from the real zero on my laptop and I always get this error. I mean it's not an error but...

I'm folowing the steps on the OpenACS docs, but i got a diferent output that I see on the documentation from env | grep PATH.

on the docs it says:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=:/usr/local/pgsql/lib
PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin:/usr/local/pgsql/bin:/usr/local/pgsql/bin

and i've got this one:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=:/usr/local/pgsql/lib
PATH=/usr/local/bin/:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games:/usr/local/pgsql/bin

----------------------
I believe I'm on the right track and it doesn't matter the fact they are diferent. Well i don't the reason but anyway...
should i just go ahead on the process? Should I see the same command line that it is on the docs?

Collapse
2: Re: Installing Postgresql (response to 1)
Posted by Mohammad Al-Ghazali on
I think i got the same problem,but since i manage to do all the other process, i think that i've properly install it
Collapse
3: Re: Installing Postgresql (response to 1)
Posted by Torben Brosten on

It is okay if it is different, so long as it contains :/usr/local/pgsql/bin

The documentation should make the distinction clearer.

Type 'man bash' from the command line to read about the bash shell. There is a section call "PATH". Here it reads:

PATH   The search path for commands.  It is a colon-separated  list  of
              directories  in  which the shell looks for commands (see COMMAND
              EXECUTION below).  The default path is system-dependent, and  is
              set  by  the administrator who installs bash.  A common value is
              ``/usr/gnu/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/ucb:/bin:/usr/bin:.''.
Collapse
4: Re: Installing Postgresql (response to 1)
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on

I added a note to make system-dependent differences clear in the xml source of the documentation in the oacs-5-2 branch (I am assuming that running the docbook html Makefile is part of the release process and it will be present in the next point release of the documentation).

Thanks for the feedback you two. Was anything else unclear that we can fix?

Collapse
5: Re: Installing Postgresql (response to 1)
Well,
now i'm stuck at the compilation part. It's missing the readline lib on my DEbian version. I'll figure out what package is that and if i see another mistake on the oacs documentation, be sure i'll let you know.
Thanks a lot,
Collapse
Ok, I got it!
Thanks again