Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: ANN: New diagram package added to cvs

Collapse
Posted by Nima Mazloumi on
If someone is willing to port the package to XoTCL or give support for server-side libraries like GNUPlot - she/he is more than welcome :)

I also found some modules which the naviserver provides:
nschartdir - ChartDirector
nsgdchart - for GDChart

Maybe these can be reused for the AOLServer.

Collapse
Posted by Matthew Burke on
nschartdir and nsgdchart work just fine with AOLserver.

I've recently started on trying to better integrate nsgdchart with my AOLserver module, nsgd (*). Integration would allow one to use charting with arbitrary drawing on a single image (which would at least be useful to me).

As an aside I'll mention that I'm almost done with re-doing the API for nsgd. As the module currently stands it provides access to a good 90+ percent of the funcationality in gd 2.0.33, so it's worth taking a look at now (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3152). The reorg of the API will IMNSHO make using the package much more logical.

If you have any thoughts on what you'd like to see in an nsgd/nsgdchar integration, or any related issues, let me know.

Matt

(*) Paraphrasing the nsgd TODO: I suppose you could say they are integrated now. You can write an image file with nsgdchart and then read it back in using nsgd...but I'd like something a little more flexible.