creating a CSR on AOLserver?

AND perhaps someone wants to provide
godaddy with the instructions.

Thanks.

-Bob

Collapse
Posted by Torben Brosten on
Hi Bob,

Use the one for openssl, so the closest would be apache + openssl. Then modify any apache specific key installation etc. instructions to fit aolserver/nsopenssl.

hope that helps,

Torben

Collapse
Posted by MaineBob OConnor on
Thanks Torben,
That did help.
AND In case that link in my post goes south
here is the relavent info:

---
Follow the below instructions to generate a CSR for your Web site. When you have completed generating your CSR, cut/copy and paste it into the CSR field on the SSL certificate-request page.

CSR-Generation Instructions
To generate a triple-DES encrypted key pair and a Certificate Signing Request (CSR):

Enter the following commands:

1. cd /usr/bin/ (/your path to openssl/)
Enter a passphrase when prompted to.
2. openssl genrsa -des3 -out {name of your certificate}.key 1024
3. openssl req -new -key {name of your certificate}.key -out {name of your certificate}.csr

Note: If you are requesting a Wild Card certificate, please add an asterisk (*) on the left side of the Common Name (e.g., "*.domainnamegoes.com" or "www*.domainnamegoeshere.com"). This will secure all subdomains of the Common Name.

A Web server certificate only secures the exact fully qualified domain entered as the Common Name in your certificate signing request. Thus if your certificate secures "www.domainnamegoeshere.com" it will not secure the domain "domainnamegoeshere.com." If you need to secure both domains you must request a Web server certificate for each of them.

---