Forum OpenACS Development: Re: rp_handler and host-node mapped subsites

Collapse
Posted by Torben Brosten on
Hi,

I haven't had time to dwell in the issue here, but having worked a bunch with host node mapping and ad_conn url issues, this may be of value:

site_node::conn_url

Use this in place of ns_conn url when referencing host_nodes. This proc returns the appropriate ns_conn url value, depending on if host_node_map is used for current connection, or hostname's domain.

Defined in CVS HEAD packages/acs-tcl/tcl/site-nodes-procs.tcl

It helps set up a sane return_url etc. with form processing.

cheers,

Torben

Collapse
Posted by Ryan Gallimore on
Thanks Torben, but site_node::conn_url does not seem to return anything. Is it meant to be used directly?

Even though it is easier to fix the return url in the confirm template, I can see this issue occurring again when there is a POST to a mapped subsite page. It should be solved in the RP.

Gustaf, I see your point about converting POST vars to GET vars, but we already do this in the RP (grep [export_entire_form_as_url_vars]). File contents are not included in the URL, but written to temporary locations in the file system. Only the file properties are available in the POST vars.

I looked into rp_internal_redirect but I'm not sure how to convert a request URL like /site1/page into a physical path - is there a proc for that?

Collapse
Posted by Torben Brosten on
Ryan, site_node::conn_url only works on CVS head. If you have a prior version, it's not stable. There were modifications on dependent procedures.