Forum OpenACS Development: emails surpression on staging servers

Quick question. How do you surpress sending of e-mails from you staging server. No e-mails should be send out at all.

I tried to play with mailhost setting but somehow that was not really successful.

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Okay, I modified acs-mail-lite accordingly so that you have a parameter to surpress the mail sending. The question now is, shall I need to go through all code and rewrite ns_sendmail to acs_mail_lite::send ?
Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Hi,

On our staging server, we set EmailDeliveryMode to "log" in the aolserver config file so all mails go to the log file.

Hope that's help.

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Malte

Why would you modify acs-mail-lite?

The email rollout support feature is documented in the config.tcl file. It explains how to redirect, log or filter email. Check the sample file in openacs-4/etc/config.tcl and search for "rollout".

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
If you check acs-mail-lite it allows the direct sending of e-mails using SMTP or sendmail (note: not ns_sendmail, sendmail). So if you choose either method instead of the default one, rollout support will not work. But I will give it a spin again and see what happens :).
Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Malte,

I thought that acs-mail-like checked for rollout support for sendmail and SMTP, but I could be wrong!