Forum OpenACS Q&A: Packages for OpenACS 5.2.1

Collapse
Posted by Ratnakar Sagare on
HI,
I have installed 5.2.1 release of openacs package. I want to install the common packages for the site.
When I click "Main Site -> Site wide administration -> Install software -> Install from repository" I find very few packages to install in repository.
Where can I find the common packages like file storage, directory, photo album etc ? (these packages are not already installed)

Thanks

Ratnakar

Collapse
Posted by Michael Steigman on
We should be getting to that in the next week or so. We haven't had a chance to verify and tag the standard applications so that they can be included in the repository. If you are in a rush, you can follow the CVS guidelines in the documentation and checkout the packages you're looking for using the tag oacs-5-2.
Collapse
Posted by David Lee on
ooh, no wonder...I was getting really confused, haha. So will there be an announcement or something when the packages are available? I'm totally new so I don't want to mess around with the cvs cause I might mess something up >.<
Collapse
Keep an eye on the news section. We'll post something there.
Collapse
Several packages have been released on 5.2 now. We're still waiting on the release of packages used openacs.org. Once they're released, we'll post to news. Released packages include photo album, weblogger and ETP.