Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: nsoracle error?

Collapse
7: Re: nsoracle error? (response to 1)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Thanks for responding.

What version of AOLserver and Tcl and Oracle are you using.

How did you install them, compiled, or packaged?

I haven't used Oracle in a long time, but usually the error messages are more informative.

Collapse
8: Re: nsoracle error? (response to 7)
Posted by Abrantes Filho on
Hi, thank you for your message.

On the webserver (openSUSE 11.2, 32 bits):
- AOLserver 4.5.1
- TCL 8.5.12
- Oracle Client 11.2.0.3.0 (32 bits)

On the oracle server (SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP2, 64 bits):
- Oracle Server 11.2.0.3.0

I install AOLserver, TCL and nsoracle acconding the install instructions on openACS website, execpt that I don't used the sources on Git repository: I have downloaded the source from sf.net (http://sourceforge.net/projects/aolserver/files/), and compiled on my server according the instructions on openACS site.

Everytinhg happens very successfuly, except when I try to run the tests files on nsoracle source. The clob test failed.

Please note that some TCL procs on these nsoracle source files was missing, so I search the documentation on openACS site and just edit the files to include the procs. For example: the test files use the ReturnHeaders proc. I search on openACS site (and sources files) and included this on the test files:

proc util_WriteWithExtraOutputHeaders {headers_so_far {first_part_of_page ""}} {
set set_headers_i 0
set set_headers_limit [ns_set size [ns_conn outputheaders]]
while {$set_headers_i < $set_headers_limit} {
append headers_so_far "[ns_set key [ns_conn outputheaders] $set_headers_i]: [ns_set value [ns_conn outputheaders] $set_headers_i]\n"
incr set_headers_i
}
append entire_string_to_write $headers_so_far "\n" $first_part_of_page
ns_write $entire_string_to_write
}

proc ReturnHeaders {{content_type text/html}} {
set all_the_headers "HTTP/1.0 200 OK
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: $content_type\n"
util_WriteWithExtraOutputHeaders $all_the_headers
}

When I include the missing procs, all test files could be run and all, but the clob-test.tcl, run whiout error.

Collapse
9: Re: nsoracle error? (response to 8)
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
i have no oracle, but it seems as if the nsoracle driver has a problem returning the values saved from an empty_clob to a file. If you connect to the database, and check the content of the table "markd_lob_test", does it look correct?

The test you are running is from nsoracle and not from OpenACS. It might be possible, that writing empty_lobs to files and vice versa is not needed from OpenACS. Do you intend to use OpenACS? Note that OpenACS has quite a large regression test.