Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: nsoracle error?
I did this:
First, I got the newer sources of nsoracle from git (git://github.com/aolserver/nsoracle.gi) and compiled whit the instructions on openACS site.
Next, I have installed this newer nsoracle into my AOLserver install.
Then, I did all of tests again:
As before, the table-test, the bind-test and the error-test just finished without error.
But this time, the clob-test could be run, with just some errors (the clob-test with nsoracle 2.7 never gets to the end of test, but with the newer sources from git, the test could be run).
Now I need to figure out the erros (in red font) on the clob-test below:
The "ns_ora clob_dml_file" correctly inserted a small file as clob in the test table.
The problem is with "ns_ora clob_get_file": when selecting the clob and writing it to a return file, the resulting file have a binary charset, and so a diff between the original file and the retrurned file fails (should be equal).
The ORIGINAL file inserted on database (ns_ora clob_dml_file):
cat markd-small.txtthis is a small test file
file -i markd-small.txtmarkd-small.txt: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
The RETURNED file (ns_ora clob_get_file):
cat markd-small.txt-backthis is a small test file
file -i markd-small.txt-backmarkd-small.txt-back: text/plain; charset=binary
Now, aparently the problem is in ns_ora clob_get_file: it is writing a "binary" file insted of a "character" file.