Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Bad HTML + Notifications

Collapse
Posted by Claudio Pasolini on
Hi Gustaf,

I'd like to test NaviServer + PG 9.2 + OpenACS Head but I'm not sure how to compile tdom and libthread that usually take a --with-aolserver argument.

Should I simply omit that argument? And what about xotcl, normally built with 'make install-aol'?

Thanks in advance,

Claudio

Collapse
Posted by Jim Lynch on
the tdom module is completely in and for tcl now,,,

• so, untar it
  • cd in there,
  • cd to unix, then...
  • CC=compilerYouBuiltTCLWith ../configure --enable-threads --disable-tdomalloc --prefix=/path/to/tcl/install --with-tcl=/path/to/tcl/install/lib

note that compilerYouBuiltTCLWith should really be the compiler you're building everything with, and so if you built without any CC= in the configure step you can leave it out of everything else, and

/path/to/tcl/install would be the value of --prefix= when you ran the tcl ./configure.

the --prefix will install tdom so it's a sibling of the other tcl modules.

Collapse
Posted by Jim Lynch on
more...

I'm using tcl-8.5 and tdom-0.8.2

Collapse
Posted by Jim Lynch on
even more...

xotcl is also in and for tcl; soemthing happened when aolserver4 cane out,,, it allowed regularly built tcl modules to be included by aolserver without special/weird actions or syntaxes for doing it. the consequence of that is nothing needs to be --with-aolserver any more.

./configure --with-tcl=/path/to/tcl/install/lib --prefix=/path/to/tcl/install --enable-threads --without-aolserver3

which will also make the xotcl module, when installed, a sibling of the other tcl modules.

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
Use --prefix=/usr/local/ns for everything, that keeps your aolserver installation untouched; see below. As pg driver, use nsdbpg from bitbucket (http://bitbucket.org/naviserver/)

Concerning XOTcl: i would recommend to use XOTcl 2.*, https://next-scripting.org/; a configure --with-tcl=/usr/local/ns/lib/ should again be sufficient, no "make install-aol" needed. Same is true for for XOTcl 1.6.*, but i have not tested this for a while. Don't install in the same tree xotcl 1.* and xotcl 2.*, since the the 2.* versions are still in beta, and a "plain package require" prefers the non-beta over the beta version.

all the best
-gustaf

cd /usr/local/src/tcl8.5.12/unix
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/ns --enable-threads --enable-symbols
make
make install

cd /usr/local/src/tDOM-0.8.3/unix
../configure --prefix=/usr/local/ns --with-tcl=/usr/local/ns/lib 
make 
make install

cd /usr/local/src/thread/unix
../configure --enable-threads --prefix=/usr/local/ns --exec-prefix=/usr/local/ns --with-tcl=/usr/local/ns/lib --with-aolserver=/usr/local/ns
make 
make install

cd /usr/local/src/xotcl-1.6.7
./configure --with-tcl=/usr/local/ns/lib/
make
make install
Collapse
Posted by Claudio Pasolini on
The installation went well.

Thank you very much for the suggestions.