Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Minor Error in Calendar after upgrading

Collapse
Posted by Cesareo Garci­a Rodicio on
Hi Gustaf!

Apparently, I've thought so 😊 but upgrade scripts didn't load. Now I have just run them manually and it worked

It seems to be same problem.

Thanks Again

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
Good.... but still wondering, what version you see in /acs-admin/apm/ for acs-events?

Once again, it would have been nice to have a log in the database, what upgrade scripts were running correctly, and which are still outstanding.

-g

Collapse
acs-events Events 0.6d5 (I'd already download last version).

Yes, as you have summarized a log audit of upgrade process would be great. Problem (at least for me) is to make sure that upgrade process goes in right order. As I understand, once it stops, it stops (don't load later versions of upgrade scripts)

Good news is that the solution is easy and working well: upgrade manual (psql -f) and IN ORDER. As I understand, I can upgrade several times so it doesn't happen anything wrong if I "repeat" some upgrade

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
When one of the upgrade scripts fails, OpenACS should not increase the version number; in your case, you have the most recent version number.

If you would have still an old version number in the database, re-running the sql upgrade scripts in the right order would happen automatically on a second upgrade attempt (in most cases, this is safe).

Collapse
Something should be wrong with my upgrade process, I didn't mean of any big problem.

Anyway, as we said before, an audit upgrade sript logtable might solve this (perhaps) rare problem