Forum OpenACS Development: Re: businesses package

Collapse
5: Re: businesses package (response to 1)
Posted by Torben Brosten on
Thanks, Malte! That does look like a better way to do this. I'll write a procedure in "contacts-populate-procs.tcl".

There are a bunch of translation keys I can move over to contacts to match other existing attributes.

Are the translation keys registrations in that file going to remain connected to the attribute_id, or are there plans to move them into the catalog/xml files instead? If they stay there, what is the criteria that determines placing them there?

Thanks again,

Torben
Also, for the record, tax_id will be added to the accounts-ledger instead, because it needs to have some extra privacy handling.

Collapse
6: Re: Re: businesses package (response to 5)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
The message keys will always be connected to the attribute_id to keep it generic enough. Otherwise we would have attribute keys in contacts. and in acs-translations, which I don't think makes a lot of sense. So, if you populate, you have to use the lang::message::register calls along with it. Probably a PITA when you have you custom package and you want to maintain it in multiple languages, but there was this tradeoff decision and I think the way it is done at the moment is the more sustainable one.
Collapse
7: Re: Re: businesses package (response to 5)
I see. Keeps the translations from becoming convoluted. I'll add the en_US ones as well.
Collapse
Apparenlty, the en_US keys are automatically generated (saw them in acs-lang/admin).