Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to openacs.org designs... opinion please

Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi,

I apologize if it went faster than other people expected. I just want this to move forward. I think we can still go for other design but it must be now in adp for openacs.org-dev. That way we really move on.

Also design #3 is something that strikes the balance between tech and non tech. Please understand that OpenACS need non-techs too in order to survive. I am a techy too but I know tech will not survive alone.

I don't aim design #3 to have everybody happy, but atleast it acceptable to a good range of people types. Don't you think design #3 is acceptable to you? Is it so ugly and unaccepetable?

Also I have taken things into account like reducing the header more... correcting the case of OPEN ACS... download link... experiment on the hue of the yellow.... page width.... I can't have our artists keep on revising his design until everybody is happy. He is very busy in fact right now he stayed until 12:30 am in the morning.

I think the page load of design #3 is not going to be slow. We have designed sites that are fast loading with good design. I can show you a big list of sites.

We can always alter the design.... this is design anyway it wont hurt any data. As DavB and the others said we can tweak the design on the adp.

You can also take note that each of our design's download link is different. Because the artists knows that it has to conform to the design. You may also notice that each Alex logo is different its because it has to be with the overall design.

Can we move on forward? Can we now get volunteers to make it into adp? I have now cvs updated my tree and restored the database of the new openacs.org just to see if I have some time to make the design to adp. I will be happy if somebody just voluntereed to make into adp. If he/she really can't accept design #3 I will be more than happy to get his/her designs in adps.

Lets try to move forward... and also think not all OpenACS existing and MORE ESPECIALLY NEW users will be developers. Isn't that the point why DonB and others is looking to put up new forums for designers?