Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to openacs.org designs... opinion please

Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on
I am glad that things are toning down.  I have chatted with Talli earlier and I told him that I would not like a poll, but further discussion will be better.

I have also no intention to go into a corner and have the decisions made there.  I have recently discovered that most of the people who do a lot of work for the community hangs out at IRC.  So I thought it was the best place to get opinions and decisions... so I maybe wrong.

Anyway I would like to move things.  Since design #3 was actually based from feedback including Carl's proposed design.  It is not true that its graphics heavy.  Its just because it has a yellow color, thicker OpenACS letters and dog its does not mean it has more graphic elements than Carls.  It has the same graphic elements with Carl's design.

Lets try to decide here in the bboards.  Here are the design elements that is different from Carl's

1. A new dog and OpenACS caption.  We will change the case if needed.

2. Rounded header to be consistent with the rounded boxes to be used on the body

3. Search, login, my workspace is integrated in the header

4. Use of yellow.  Which was suggested by Talli to use another color which turned out to be good in my opinion.

5. Logo, header, boxes and downlink are consistent.

Navigation and content is not an issue because both design will cover the same real estate and both have the same layout.

If we remove all 5 elements we will end up with Carl's design.  Now I would like to get feedback which elements you would like to be removed.  And why?

Maybe people don't like the yellow because it is too foreign... Maybe if it was another shade of blue things would have turned out different.  But I think Talli is right to make the site different from other blue boy site.