Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to openacs.org designs... opinion please

Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi Malte,

Thanks for the feedback.

Here are my comments on it.  BTW Mikko will not join this thread so I will give my answer on behalf of him.

1. The login link at the header is basically a link for login (/register).  Its not going to have a email and password.  The login box in mainstudy3a shows only in the home page in case you are not login.  This is a convinience.  We can not have this box all over as other pages will need full width.  So we can only take the top part as the sitewide design.  Much like how stock 4.5 behaves.  We can remove the workspace and login links from the header but that would make the header 3 liner like Carls.  Currently design #3 is 2 liner which makes it having a potential of being actually shorter than Carls.  Its just thicker now due to its a better design aspect to space out things.  But we are going to make it shorter.  So I think having the login and workspace on the header is good it makes the potential for the header to be smaller.  As for the banner we may but that also on the 2nd level header (currently the yellow strip).  But the banner will have to be thin enough in case the user is in 800x600 so all 2nd level navs and search will fit.  Bigger resolutions will have no problem with this.

2. Initially the "0" was the dog initially.  It did not look good.  Trust me we took a look at that option too.  The design took us a whole day debating, there is a of thought that was put into the design.  Of course we will correct the OPENACS case into OpenACS.... it may look better.  We may also experiment on making the "0" less prominent as not to confuse of having 2 "0"s.

3. Carl's "try OpenACS" was taken from our Design 2.  I think we should stick with the design #3 which is integrated to the overall design.  But we will of course change it to Try OpenACS as Til pointed out.

4. I am not sure what you mean about the "round edges of 2nd color".  Can you care to explain it further?

5. Maybe I can still ask Mikko for revisions but I will hold it out until I get substantial inputs.  If not... maybe do it myself.  Any other person there that is good on Photoshop aside from DavB?  If the changes are substantially small then get someone to do the adp is the next step.  We will just adjust from the adp.