Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to openacs.org designs... opinion please

Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi Carl,

I am fasttracking this one because while its still hot maybe people would volunteer.  You know how it is in OSS communities.  Also maybe we could get results faster.  As proof of this we have another feed back from you.

Here are my comments about the issues above:

1.  Dog - I still like the Alex looking dog.  Its also toned down.  Some people has expressed removing the dog.  But that would not make Dog happy people like me accepting the decision.  A toned down and more realistic dog I think is better.

2.  As for the colors Blue and Gray is fine by me.  Although Talli's suggestion seem to be ok and some people tend to agree on it.  So I guess maybe a poll is in order for this item.  Yellow & Blue ok for me so is blue & gray.  Take note that we must also change the "Unleash OpenACS" color a bit to reflect the Blue and gray theme.

So anyway is issue #1 ok for you?  How about the others is the realistic toned down dog better for you?

If issue #1 is settled then we can just use a poll for issue #2.  Since I think this issue id not a design issue but a matter of personal taste.  Or maybe we can try to work the color scheme together.  I believe your idea of not having the color scheme to be too load to interfere with the content is correct.  But I think Talli's idea to differentiate our colors from others is correct too.

I will try to make a new color scheme and if you have time please also try different color schemes too.  Maybe its better not to have a poll but work on the color scheme issue.  Of course this is in the premise that we are ok with #1.

At any rate I am glad the direction of this design thing is going rather than going for a poll atleast we are putting in feed back from the community.