Forum .LRN Q&A: Response to Request for Comment: dotLRN Technology Governance
94: Response to Request for Comment: dotLRN Technology Governance (response to 1)
Posted by Alfred Essa on 08/08/02 10:49 PM
Let me say something about .WRK:
- Should there be or could there be such a thing as .WRK? Absolutely.
- Would the .LRN governance mechanisms apply to it? Absolutely Not.
- Can someone take .LRN applets and distribute it with other pieces and call it .WRK. Absolutely Not.
- Can someone take a .LRN applet or all of .LRN and distribute it as .MINE? Absolutely.
- Can someone write code, not have it reviewed, and distribute it as a .LRN applet? Absolutely Not.
- Can someone package a distribution with non-canonical .LRN code and and call the distribution .LRN? Absolutely Not.