Forum OpenACS Development: Bug Stomp! (13th & 14th july)
Ok, here is the list of test cases in acs-tcl failing:
We are taking now the ones with (*).
If you will work in something, please post here in anticipation, so we avoid duplicating effort.
We are testing only PG. If someone has oracle, go ahead!
Lets use this thread to coordinate who's working on what, and open other thread for specific proc discussions.
Lets meet as well in the IRC.
Also, there are many tests that are not there at acs-tcl, many thing still needs a test case.
(We are working ONLY with a checkout from HEAD & acs-core)
util* ? ??
New tests will be smoke test, unless is fully necessary a detailed test (in many cases might be needed).
? verify if are valid and are used
?? shall we test it?
* test all, one test case can test many procs (better!)
I just marked some as HP, comments?
I think the solution here is to remove those scripts and create new ones that follow the right order. For example in the case of acs-content-repository there would be a new script named: upgrade-5.2.0d18-5.2.0d19.sql wichi includes the sql scripts defined in upgrade-5.1.5-5.2.0a1.sql.
- Create upgrade scripts to change current constraints names
- Change creation scripts in order to have correct name constraints for fresh installations
- Fix funcion content_type__create_type for pg and content_type.create_type for oracle to create constraints of tables created automatically whit the estandar form
Anyway, our consensus is that you needn't bother with upgrade scripts. Let's just make the fresh installs pass the AA tests. Constraint naming errors don't really break anything, just make it harder to find which constraint died if you don't use unique names, and without a standard naming convention people tend to duplicate names.
So if you want to take on the last two items you've listed, that's sufficient.
And will be greatly appreciated!
The first Test Case tests permission::grant and permission::permission_p, the second tests permission::permission::p. the file is committed in HEAD.
There are currently 93 fails.
Some of the procs listed are been used,
do we mark this fails as warnings?
deprecated proc ad_header
test cases for acs-tcl.
Here are the results:
- New test cases for permissions API.
- New test cases for parameters API.
- test case ad_proc_fire_callback: fixed and committed.
- test case datamodel__named_constraints: fixed but not committed ( Byron Linares will be committing this today ).
- datamodel__acs_object_type_check ( Byron Linares will be committing this today ).
- datamodel__acs_attribute_check: fixed but not commited ( I will be committing this today ).
- test case documentation__check_proc_interface_status: fixed and committed.
- test case documentation__check_proc_doc ( Nick is working on this one ).
- test case documentation__check_deprecated_see ( Fixed and committed ).
I just committed this stuff.
Anyone that could test a fresh install on ORA? :) just to be sure that everything is OK.