Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: OpenACS Company List! Send your interest to be there!

Collapse
Posted by Nick Carroll on
I think it is good to do some Spring cleaning. That list is quite large, and obviously leads us to believe that there are more companies involved in the community than there is in reality.

I would like to see this list refreshed for a number of reasons. Rocael has already stated a couple, in particular we don't want newcomers to click on dead links. Those companies that are still fully supporting OpenACS will agree, as it means greater advertising potential for them. Those that have abandoned OpenACS have no right to be on that list anymore. And we shouldn't want them to be there. If a customer happens to stumble on that list and make contact with a company that no longer supports OpenACS, then that company will do their best to persuade the customer to use their framework of choice. For example, going to some of the companies that are high up on the list advertise that they provide .NET and Java solutions.

I think we should have three lists. One for sites that are "powered" by OpenACS, another for hosting providers, and a third for developers.

Yes, categorized lists.
Also, not only companies, also consultants might want to be listed there, so anyone feel free to send your info or confirm.