Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: xowiki and links

Collapse
2: Re: xowiki and links (response to 1)
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
I have just committed a change to CVS, that treats xowiki page names in wiki links starting with a "/" like external links.
If one writes e.g. [[/xowiki]] this will turn into a link to the same site with that value. This is not only useful for interwiki links, but as well to links to pages from the same site without requiring "http://hostname/";

However, this has the consequence that page names are not allowed to start with a "/" (seems anyhow a good idea)

For now, this links are marked with the same symbol as external links (one is leaving an wiki instance). If someone has a nice symbol for this interwiki/samesite links, please let me know.

Collapse
3: Re: xowiki and links (response to 2)
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
i made just another update in order to avoid potential future incompatibilities, when subfolders might be introduced to xowiki some day. In order to make a same-site link, one has to write now [[//xowiki]], since the version with the single slash might point some day to the root folder of the current instance. I did this, although i am not fully convinced, that subfolders are needed for xowiki.