Forum .LRN Q&A: .LRN meeting Tue 21 Nov 2006

Request notifications

Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Hi,

This is a reminder for weekly .lrn meeting.

When: Tue 21 nov 2006 17:00 GMT
Where: irc://irc.freenode.net/#openacs

Proposed agenda:

- Bug bash results
- Carl's change in Selva CSS for IE7
- Nima's commit
- Testing upgrade from 2.1.3 and 2.2.0
- Translation server: when?
- Merging and branching
- dotLRN governance: decision process and membership invoices

Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
I've updated http://openacs.org/xowiki/en/.LRN_2.2_bugs reorganizing it in 3 parts (opened, edited and resolved bugs).

Remaining bugs:

- Prio1: 1
- Prio2: 3
- Prio3: 27

Collapse
Posted by Rocael Hernández Rizzardini on
Hi, someone putting the summary of the meeting, for those of us who couldn't attend :-)
Also, I'm pretty sure will be helpful for the community in general.
Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Don, Olga, Carl, Dave, Dario, Christian, Victor, Emma

- Bug bash results

There's a typo in my previous post, the results are:

Prio1: 1
Prio2: 2
Prio3: 27

We have 30 bugs left then. Prio1 and prio2 will be closed very soon. Regarding prio3 bugs, some of them can't be fixed until .lrn 2.3 (Don will mark those)

- Selva CSS for IE7

Hamilton's changes to Selva CSS appear to do the job for IE7 compatibility. Carl will test again during the week and give feedback about it.

- Nima's improvements

It has been decided to move this commit from oacs-5-2 branch to HEAD as it's a major change and can't be included in .LRN 2.2.1 at this stage and oacs-5-2 branch is dead for acs-core. However those changes that affect core will need a TIP before committing.

Don has offered to help Nima to commit acs-core changes to HEAD, and Emma with the dotLRN part. To do once 2.2.1 alpha is released.

Nima has kindly proposed to do the removal himself. Will be done during today.

- Testing upgrade from 2.1.3 and 2.2.0

There's no datamodel changes for 2.2.1 so the upgrade should work well from 2.2.0. However it will be tested at UNED on pg.

- Translation server

Victor will upgraded it on saturday, 25-nov.

- Merging and branching

oacs-5-2 will be merged to HEAD after alpha is released. Don will merge the bugfixes for core (to HEAD and to oacs-5-3) and Emma dotlrn and applications packages.

Assessment won't be merged since there is a lot of new work including major database changes on HEAD, and bug fixes on HEAD also. There is anything on 5.2 that is not on HEAD already.

Dave will do the merge for lors, lorsm and lorsm-portlet packages.

- dotLRN governance

Membership invoices: Carl will update the .LRN website with both the leadership team and the new board over the Thanksgiving holidays and send out membership invoices by the next meeting

Decision-making process: described at http://openacs.org/xowiki/en/%2eLRN_Governance. The leadership team is wellcome to revise/edit it. Carl will create the .LRN Decision Forum, add everyone and send out a message so we can start to use this process for next .LRN release.

Emma, thanks for the summary, very good!

BTW, I missed which are Nima's improvements.

Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
You're wellcome Rocael :)

Here's a summary of Nima's improvements: http://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=500695