Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Res: Usage of .LRN in aDeNu Research Projects

Collapse
Posted by Olga C. Santos on
I'm back from from mICTE conference where I presented our research works (see initial post) and I would like to give you some feedback of other works dealing with .LRN.

• “Aula Virtual”: An e-learning management platform of Universitat de València Development based on Open Code and Collaborative Software by P. Moreno Clari, V. Cerverón Lleó.
  • Adaptivity in e-learning by Filip KAREL. The full text (which I currently have in paper, but they have told me that they are going to upload them in the conference website) concludes that: "We compared particular features of different systems and put emphasis on user friendliness of adaptivity. Moodle and .LRN systems appeared to be the best at the moment". Moreover, they provide a comparison table for .LRN, Docebo, Moodle, Dokeos, ATutor and Claroline with the following scores for .LRN (1=poor, 5=excellent) and considering user friendliness and possibility of adaptation: a) Document publishing: (4); b) Calendar: (5); c) Chat/Forums: (3); d) Grades/Tests: (4); e)Surveys: (4). They have chosen Moodle for their practical experience, which scores as follows (in the same order): 3, 5, 4, 5, 4.
  • I also met Jan Markovic and Joanna Kisielewska who are dealing with using Moodle and .LRN together. Effective cross-cultural collaboration in on-line environment: iCamp project perspective. The abstract does not provide too much info, but they are working with Gustaf Neumann, so he may provide more details. I found this link with a .LRN sandbox.
Regarding the suggestion of linking the papers and posters from aDeNu work in the .LRN Users' page and providing a use case, the problem is the time. I hope that after .LRN release Emma and I can work on it.

Olga