Forum OpenACS Development: Response to ETP vs ETP2 vs modETP

Collapse
Posted by Janine Ohmer on
Hi Dave,

It's hard to tell by looking if dev.openacs.org does what I need or not.  Let me try to describe it better.  This is my ideal setup; I'm fairly sure nothing like this exists today (except maybe CMS which isn't working on PG as of last night's checkout), so don't think I expect to get exactly this.  I just need to know how close I can come to perfection. :)

Site admin is ready to post some content to a couple of pages.  He goes to the CMS admin page, where he chooses the first page he wishes to update.  He is presented with a page that lets him upload 2 images and 3 blocks of text.  The system knows, because I have set it up this way, that this particular page requires (or allows) those particular pieces.  He hits a Preview button, likes what he sees, and submits the new page.  Page is now live.

He then goes back to the CMS admin page, where he chooses another page to update.  This one is 1 image and 2 blocks of text.  Etc, etc

So I need an admin interface that lets me create a page, telling it what ADP to use and what content blocks that page requires.  Then I need another admin interface that lets the user upload content as above.

I understand what you're saying about having an ADP that pulls from various ETP sections, but I don't think it's going to do enough to simplify uploading of new content, especially images.  Or am I wrong about that?