Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to nsjava staus

Collapse
72: Response to nsjava staus (response to 1)
Posted by Todd Gillespie on
This thread is getting out of control.

Responding to Andrew's connection pooling questions; I ran through a couple designs to poach ns_db code into an external lib; currently I'm leaning towards building on top of libdbi to start from a layer that doesn't have Tcl_DString types through everything. I plan on using such for both Apache2 and Gauche, which is a Scheme with a lot of overlap with scsh, but does Unicode and native threads. On some layer I want to build a similar system to UncommonSQL, a Common LISP database interface, which has the best OR mapping system I've ever seen, as well as the only decent query writer, and add some extra intelligence to the drivers to automate the type casting. Then roll that back into [mod|ns]_scheme, replace all this Tcl nonsense, and watch my lab by destroyed by OACSers rampaging with torches and pitchforks... oh, excuse me, I seem to be getting ahead of myself here.

I will post the details in a new thread, but here's the gauntlet: I will be writing an nsd module to handle WebDAV, with extensive poaching from the DAV testbed, mod_dav.

I'm going to avoid the rest of this thread.