Forum OpenACS Development: Response to who can help newbies using templating system

Ben, I think you are looking for the Site and Content Administrators Guide --Unfortunately, it's not written yet =(

The data model is described in context with the templates, because the templates are being described in the Developer documentation, where data modelling is important.

I am collecting notes from the discussions (and existing documentation) for creating new documents geared to End-users and Site/Content Administrators. Here is the status (based on my failing memory from when I worked on it last week):

1. Document writers' style guide is in draft (basically, a summary of existing documentation and implicit practices)
  2. OpenACS End-Users guide: Draft Requirements and topics are done. Next: Create outline and write.
  3. OpenACS Site and Administrators guide: Collecting, organizing, and simplifying the requirements and topics. (This thread is added in here now).

Once the new boards are formed, I'll post what I've done, so everyone can directly contribute to it. Until then, know that the board discussions that relate to these topics are being "harvested" for notes, final copy etc.

Once those two documents have stabilized, I'll help with the Beginning Developers Guide that has been started at: https://openacs.org/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=00062D&topic_id=11&topic=OpenACS