Forum OpenACS Q&A: Volunteer Status

Collapse
Posted by defunct defunct on
Collapse
Posted by Luigi Martini on
Once again I confirm that I'm ready to start.
Just please let me know what I have to do.
Collapse
Posted by Jon Pike on
Hi Luigi,
<br><br>
The new Test server has been set up for acs 4.6 testing:
<br><Br>
<a href="http://213.107.207.131:8000">http://213.107.207.131:8000</a>
<br><br>
You can find instructions on the <a href="/bboard/q-and-a.tcl?topic_id=14&topic=OpenACS%204%2e0%20Testing">open acs testing forum</a>
<br><br>
I would suggest a package certificate is created before testing is completed. When a certificate is created the status is set to "testing in progress" and the quality rating is not set, the staus and quality ratings can edited later.  Observations such as bugs or interesting features can then be recorded against a package certificate during or after testing.
<br><Br>
openacs.hub.org has also been set up with the packages ready installed if you have not got access to your own acs installation (note this is postgres only). If anyone requires acs admin access for testing purposes then just email myself.
<br><br>
If you have already done any package testing without being "assigned to a package" then feel free to create and fill in a test certficate.
This process has been made a lot simpler since the 4.5 testing and should only take a couple of minutes.
<br><br>
Hope this helps.
Collapse
Posted by Luigi Martini on
I have both read the instructions and visited the link you kindly provided.
The instructions give me *absolutely* no clue, and the link shows a page with a nice "Congratulation" on top, but no way for me to understand what to do.
Collapse
Posted by David Kuczek on
Jon,

I have some suggestions concerning the acceptance server:

a. I can't delete a certificate, that I accidentally created (in my case ecommerce).

b. There should be a field where you can link to your feature requests and bugs at SDM.

c. The comments field should be a bit larger than 2 rows.