Forum OpenACS Development: OpenACS 5.9 Bug in /admin/group-types/

Hi!

Sorry for being a pain in the butt by posting strange bugs in very remote areas of the system. However, ]project-open[ actually uses this OpenACS functionality for defining "Helpdesk Queues" (a special type of groups), "Profiles" (the main ]po[ groups) or "Office Groups" (groups per physical locations in order to define absences).

To reproduce, I have started with a fresh OpenACS 5.9.0 install using Maurizio's Windows installer (I didn't test on Linux, but I'm sure it's the same...).

By default in /admin/group-types/ there are two group types: "Groups" (parent) and "Application Groups". I click on "Groups" -> "Add a group of this type", enter "Test" and get an error:

atabase operation "0or1row" failed (exception ERROR, "ERROR:  -20001: composition_rel  violation: Invalid object types. Object -2 (<NULL>) must be of type <NULL> Object <NULL> (<NULL>) must be of type <NULL>
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "insert into acs_rels
     (rel_id, rel_type, object_id_one, object_id_two)
    values
     (v_rel_id, new__rel_type, new__object_id_one, new__object_id_two)"
PL/pgSQL function acs_rel__new(integer,character varying,integer,integer,integer,integer,character varying) line 17 at SQL statement
PL/pgSQL function composition_rel__new(integer,character varying,integer,integer,integer,character varying) line 5 at assignment
")

I get the same error when trying to create a new "Application Groups".

In ]po[ I get another strange error: Trying to create any group I get a screen with the fields: "Group name", "Object ID One", "Object ID Two" and "Relationship Type". I guess the page gets confused with the metadata system, or the metadata may have changed in the last 10 years or so. However, I'll probably able to sort this out. Just curious to know if somebody else hit the same issue.

Cheers!
Frank

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
I've created group "Test" (group-type "Group") on the actual version of acs-admin (5.9.1b3) without problems. Notice, that there were several changes to the - still not very good - acs-admin interface for creating/viewing groups [1]; maybe the fix [2] from june 2016 helps? this fix was after the release of 5.9.0.

-g

[1] http://cvs.openacs.org/changelog/OpenACS/openacs-4/packages/acs-subsite/www/admin?max=30&view=all
[2] http://cvs.openacs.org/browse/OpenACS/openacs-4/packages/acs-subsite/www/admin/groups/new.tcl?r1=1.10.2.4&r2=1.10.2.5

Collapse
Posted by Frank Bergmann on
Hi Gustaf,

Just updating acs-subsite/www/admin/groups and group-types didn't change anything.

After exchanging all acs-* packages with packages from your 5.9.1.b3 I get: "invalid command name "ns_parseurl".
I'm already running NaviServer 4.99.8.

I've seen that the diff of acs-subsite from 5.9.0 is already > 3.000 lines. I don't have a good feeling with this. I believe I already announced that we are going to be very conservatives with OpenACS and nsd upgrades in ]po[ from now on. So I assume we'll re-implement group administration in ]po[ now and ignore OpenACS.

Thanks anyway,
Frank

invalid command name "ns_parseurl"
    while executing
"ns_parseurl $location"
    (procedure "util::split_location" line 4)
    invoked from within
"util::split_location [ns_conn location] proto hostname port"
    (procedure "util_current_location" line 24)
    invoked from within
"util_current_location"
    (procedure "::nsf::procs::util::request_info" line 7)
    invoked from within
"util::request_info -with_headers=$with_headers"
    (procedure "ad_log" line 3)
    invoked from within
"ad_log Error "Error in include template \"[template::util::url_to_file "${login_template}" "$__adp_stub"]\": $errmsg""
    ("uplevel" body line 23)
    invoked from within
"uplevel {
Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
cherry-picking changes is not a good idea - i was just hoping that this error fixes the 5.9.0 issue. .... however - it looks to me as of there is no issue with the code you are sketching: i have just installed a fresh version of OpenACS 5.9.0, and the issue DOES NOT show up the group "Test" can be created without problems!

-gn

btw: not sure, how you messed to upgrade: If one does a proper upgrade of acs-core, there won't be a problem with ns_parseurl since there is an emulation of it for AOLserver in the code [1].

[1] https://github.com/openacs/openacs-core/blob/oacs-5-9/packages/acs-tcl/tcl/utilities-procs.tcl#L5018

Collapse
Posted by Frank Bergmann on
Hi!

Thanks a lot!!

upgrade

I did this upgrade on Linux, and it was NaviServer... Also on Windows it's NaviServer now - I need to keep both versions as close as possible...

But what do you think about a "LTS" long-term support version of OpenACS? Do you think that's feasible?

Cheers,
Frank