Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to forums package - status

Collapse
Posted by defunct defunct on
Well, if the tester has failed it for the reasons he's listed, I would suggest they all need doing.

As I don't personally test every package I have to trust the judgement of the tester.

Also, as his comment suggests none of them are particularly difficult, seems silly not to do 'em all now.

In fact I would like to point out (for everyones benefits) that the purpose of Acc testing is not to alleviate that burden from developers, and just find bugs for them.

Its to determine a packages fitness for release. So if the tester is telling me its unsuitable, it won't go in the release. And without substantial justification I will back the tester every time.

If we don't start clearing things up before moving on then this toolkit is never going to get itself out of the 'hacker-hole' its still stuck in at the moment.

Besides, and this applies to all developers, if we don't take this issues seriously and fix bugs when they're found, then makes the excerise a complete waste of time, and creates demotivated testers.

Forums is an important package that people want to see in the tookit. So I can see no need for 'rating' bugs. It ain't fit for release, so they gotta be fixed.