Forum .LRN Q&A: .LRN Meeting summary Tue 9 Jan 2007

Present:

Don, Dave, Emmanuelle, Gustaff, Olga, Raúl

Agenda

!) Release notes on 2.2.1

Dave emailed RN to Carl, i'll be published soon

2) dotlrn 2.3 (oacs-5-3 branch)

Emma branched 2.3 and created .LRN 2.3 on bugtracker, There's a lot of testing needed to find and solve as many bugs as possible

LORS and assesment shold be ok by the time 2.3 is released

3 and 4) Nima's commits and translation server couldn't be discused because of Nima's and Victor absence.

Collapse
Posted by Raúl Morales Hidalgo on
Lots of typos :( (I'll use preview button next time)

the first item in the agenda (1) it says "Dave emailed Release Notes to Carl, it'll be published soon"

I also forgot to say that we hace .LRN Zen, Translation server and Nima's commit on agenda for next week

Please contribute on testing!

Collapse
Posted by Jon Griffin on
RE: zen
See https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message%5fid=546692
I have already done a big chunk for OACS, just fine tuning it now and have questions for the community.
Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
I've created a wiki page for .lrn 2.3 releases management (https://openacs.org/xowiki/.LRN_2.3). Please review it.
Collapse
Posted by Nima Mazloumi on
One question: will my commits be part of the new release?
Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Hi Nima,

In past .LRN meetings it has been decided to include your changes for .LRN 2.4 (HEAD).

.LRN 2.3 will focus on accessibility (Zen project is part of that work) and we want to release it early march.

However, part of your changes might be included in 2.3 release. If you could provide us with a detailed list of these, it could be discussed at the next .lrn meeting.

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
We will be on a very tight schedule for zen so our ambitions will be a bit lower than you might like.

Also something that's crucial for us is that our HTML meets the accessibility standard required by the EU.

We're looking at a march release i.e. 10-week timeframe.

I agree overall with many of your comments in the thread i.e. OACS itself must be easier themed. I'll think a bit and then answer more of your points over in that thread.

Collapse
Posted by Matthew Coupe on
I have a couple of questions about the new and improved accessible styling (which I think is a very important project). Is it going to be applied accross all of the themes or only to Theme Selva?

Is there a document outlining the main components which need to be changed to make them Accesssiblity compliant?

Also, to customise the look of an accessible theme (for company branding etc.), would the best plan to be modifying the CSS directly?

Cheers,
Matthew

Collapse
Posted by Matthew Coupe on
Sorry, I got a bit eager with my questions, most have been answered by reading up on the Zen project. It looks great, particularly the mobile stylesheet. My one concern is still about company branding but I'm sure that can be managed once the theme is complete.

Looking forward to trying this out for myself.