Forum OpenACS Development: Re: OpenACS 5.10.0 beta 1 available

Collapse
Posted by Antonio Pisano on
ns_parseurl became stricter in recent Naviserver and won't parse URLs that do not comply with the RFC. However, I have never experienced the issue you report on a regular installation, so I suspect a problem with your configuration or some local modification.

We can try and help you troubleshoot the problem if you want. Can you please show an excerpt of your config.tcl file where you show the address and port you have defined for your server? Can you also try first on an installation consisting only of OpenACS 5.10 beta?

Collapse
Posted by Frank Bergmann on
Hi Antonio,

won't parse URLs that do not comply with the RFC

I understand.

suspect a problem with your configuration

I would reformulate and say that our configuration might be outside your usual test coverage 😊 However, it worked with OACS 5.9.1 or earlier, so you somehow broke compatibility.

I understand this is an instance of the "works on my system" problem. It's very, very common...

help troubleshoot

Here is the default config script:
http://po51demo.project-open.net/config.vanilla.txt

I guess there will be a total of ~20 issues in OACS 5.10, about 15 old ones (5.9.1 and earlier) and ~5 new ones (just guessing). I can provide you with a development system to allow you to quickly reproduce these issues.

Bests
Frank

Collapse
Posted by Antonio Pisano on
The default config script is not helpful, as it does not reproduce the situation that brings to the broken URL. My speculation is that this has something to do with the way host and port are configured on the instance that is "misbehaving". The URL ends up with an invalid ":" at the end, which is at the core of your problem, and you should try and find out why.

Concerning new and existing issues, please report them in the bug tracker, if you did not already and we will try to address them. If they are severe enough, they might be fixed before the 5.10 release.

Collapse
Posted by Frank Bergmann on
Hi Antonio,

I found this old posting from March 2021, the validated_host_header cause the same issue already in 5.9.1 (but not in the previous one):

https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=5513615

Cheers
Frank