Forum .LRN Q&A: .LRN meeting summary Tue 30 Jan 2007

Present:

Avni, Carl, Caroline, Dave, Don, Emmanuelle, Mark, Olga, Raúl, Rocael.

Agenda

1. Spring .LRN conference planning (Vienna) status

the initial plan is April 26 focus on .LRN and 27 focus on openacs. It would be great if we can extend from 2 days to 4 (1 day bug bash and the other honchos meeting) and if we can move it one week earlier to acomodate more people.

2. 2.3 Release Manager funding status

There's a board meeting planned addressed for this, minutes will be posted.

3. The following packages are unused by .LRN yet included in our releases:

. dotlrn-admin
. feed-parser
. user-preferences
. workflow

should any/all of these be removed from the 2.3 release (they would
still be available by CVS, of course)

We've removed dotlrn-admin which addressed a security issue already solverd several versions ago. feed-parser has been removed also because it was used bay news-agregator which is no longer part of dotlrn.

We will look the other two and probably remove both if there aren't dependencies.

4. Who will be available for 2.3 testing? Oracle, especially.

I will test on oracle and see if uned can do further testing, however more testers are needed.

5. Translation server status

Victor will be contacted.

6. Zen

(Can anybody add to what has been discused in this agenda item? As most of the discusion has been done via honchos I can't get an accurate picture here.)

Don has modified new-portals to adapt it to the multi column layout adn choose the correct css.
It has also been discused how to prioritize portlets for screen readers, top-dopwn in one column, left-right and then top-down in two columns and center then sides in three columns.

Work also has been started in delicate areas (such as forms, calendar)

Having more volunteers for .LRN Zen Project: Packages HTML clean-up would be great, also.

Please as I said above help me with this last agenda item.
-

Collapse
Posted by Victor Guerra on
Sorry,
I was not able to attend todays meeting but
here is the status of the translation server.

I already installed a new translation server
using only packages under the branch oacs-5-3.

Ill be commiting (in the oacs-5-3 branche) some message keys that were translated in december 2006 in the old translation server and Ill be updating the new one with those new message keys.

Then Ill be creating in the new translation server all the users definned in the old translation server.

Btw, the new translation server is using PG 8.1 ( later we will be upgrading PG to the 8.2 version here at UG ).

So I guess Ill be done by Thursday, then I can go after
the upgrade of dotlrn.org :).

Cheers,
Victor Guerra.

Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Thank you Victor. Please post when you're done.